Do You Have a Friend that is a Real Estate Agent?
Of course you do, everyone does. But make sure that friend is someone that will actually tell you the truth…You need to paint this bedroom,…Your kids rooms need to be picked up…Your carpet stinks and needs to be replaced. Sometimes it may be best to keep your friends as friends.
Your Real Estate Agent Works for You..Don’t They?
Make sure the agent you choose actually works FOR YOU. Over my 20+ years I have seen some very succesful Realtors grow their business so they never actually Sell a Home or Buy one. Meaning they have assistants, buyers agents, Marketing people. All the Realtor does is work on getting more listings or more buyers. Then the Homeowner or Buyer usually end up working with someone that maybe just got their license and is not really interested in building a relationship but getting their next check…Make sure the agent you hire/Choose is the agent you will work with.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want a real estate agent who…
- Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying journey.
- Explains everything clearly and answers your questions, so you’re never in the dark.
- Has expertise and a track record of success in the local market.
- Knows how to find great properties in your price range.
- Will alert you to new listings, quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want.
- Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Will save you potentially thousands of dollars by ensuring you don’t overpay for the property you want.
- Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need.
Not every real estate agent offers all of these services. My clients say that I do. They also tell me how much they appreciate my professionalism, expertise and accessibility.
The best way to select the right real estate agent, is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions. See if there is a good fit.
To schedule an appointment with me, please call or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.